Mobile Vikings Home Applet for Maemo/N900
Mobile Vikings is a Belgian GSM/Mobile Internet operator. Mobilevikings-home is a home screen application for Maemo on Nokia's N900 which allows you to view your credit balance immediately on your desktop. You can refresh the current balance by just tapping the widget.
For now, you can get the package from when from the extras-devel repository, or you can install the .deb files manually by downloading them from their package home at maemo.org. But be sure you actually install at least version 0.0.2-1, since earlier versions might not work correctly.
Unfortunately there are still some bugs (it's my first Maemo application, I was bound to do some things the wrong way, give me some slack ;)). But it works mostly fine, and they shouldn't really affect you too much.
- Widget keeps saying 'Couldn't get data': Sometimes the program gets a bit confused whether or not you're actually connected to the internet. Easy workaround is to just remove it from your home screen, and add it again. (But also check if you entered your password/username correctly, because the text entry widgets try to capitalize the first letter.)
- No support for accounts with multiple SIMs: since I only have 1 SIM myself, I can't even see what the XML output from MV looks like, let alone test it myself :)
You can always report a bug by mailing me (since it's a small package, I'd say bugzilla is overkill) at kde at this .be domain. My name is Bart Coppens, in case there was any doubt left about that ;)
Well, it's just a Python script, so download the .deb file, unpack it, and you have the source :)
On the other hand, there's a public git repository available to clone from, if you'd like to.
- 0.0.2-1: Credential escaping and a more native look, thanks to Tim Besard (@maleadt). 2011-04-30
- 0.0.1-4: Added even more dependencies. 2011-01-29
- 0.0.1-3: Users can now actually enter username/password, and added the correct dependency to let it load the applet. 2011-01-29
- 0.0.1-2: First (working) release. 2011-01-24